CSEP Special Interest Groups
CSEP is proud to introduce Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for all members! Launching at the fall conference, Special Interest Groups provide learning and networking opportunities for CSEP members.
Special Interest Groups provide a forum for CSEP members with a shared interest in a research area relevant to the Society’s mission. Throughout the member year, SIG members may choose to host webinars, provide professional development opportunities, send newsletters, create awards, and organize other research related events. CSEP will facilitate and support groups through their chosen annual activities.
In its introductory year, CSEP is offering accommodation for two Special Interest Group's as part of the CSEP2019 Schedule*. Accommodation will include: A dedicated room for up to 30 minutes to host 1 meeting, up to 30 people. Please note the room shall not include AV or refreshments.
How to Proceed: Please review the Terms of Reference for CSEP Special Interest Groups. Based on the criteria outlined, please submit your expression of interest to host a SIG through this form, no later than September 15, 2019.
Two Special Interest Groups will be accepted for the 2019 conference in Kelowna. Consideration will be given to establishing additional Special Interest Groups in future should there be sufficient interest.
Please direct any questions, comments to email@example.com
*At this time, the reserved date and time is Friday, November 8th at 4:30pm (subject to change).
Terms of Reference
Download Terms of Reference
Purpose: To provide a forum for CSEP members with a shared interest in a research area relevant to the Society’s mission. Throughout the member year, SIG members may choose to host webinars, provide professional development opportunities, send newsletters, create awards, and organize other research related events. The role of CSEP is to facilitate and support groups through their chosen annual activities.
- Each SIG must consist of one Chair, and a minimum of (10) Academic members, although consideration will be made for smaller groups.
- The Chair of the SIG must be a current CSEP member (any membership). Non-CSEP members are welcome to apply.
- SIGs must provide CSEP office with updates or minutes from their in-person meeting at the AGM, as well as an action plan for the member year. Action plans, including brief outline of objectives and goals of the Group, type of research, Group structure (including known members) are due annually before December 1. Action plan should be no more than 1-2 pages in length.
- All SIG focus area proposals are subject to approval by the CSEP Board of Directors
*In 2019, the timeline below will not apply. Please refer to the details outlined in the Call for SIG's, August 2019.
- New SIGs: A Call for SIGs will be announced annually before July 1. Proposals will be reviewed by the CSEP Conference Committee and approved by the CSEP Board of Directors before September 1. CSEP reserves the right to reject any SIG it feels inappropriate or does not serve the CSEP membership.
- Existing SIG's: In addition to year-round communication, the SIG is expected to meet in person at the CSEP Annual Conference. Confirmation of this meeting must be received by CSEP Office no later than July 1. It is expected that this meeting agenda will include the development of the SIG's Annual Action plan.
- CSEP will provide staff support for each SIG. Staff support may be counted on to:
- Arrange webinar logistics
- Distribute minutes
- Provide annual reports to the CSEP Board of Directors
- Facilitate in-person meeting space at the CSEP Annual Conference
There is no budget for Special Interest Groups.
As of 07/02/19
The Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of the Society's business. This includes, but is not limited to, applications for membership, awards and grant review, and employment. CSEP welcomes applications and participation from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, CSEP expects encourage that any members of the Society, its committees and/or any award/grant recipients employ the same policies in their work related to the Society.