Maintain your certified membership by renewing it annually.
All CSEP members need to renew their membership by March 31st annually. Annual membership renewal illustrates that members are staying current and have the knowledge to put the latest evidence informed research to practice. Renewing is a simple online
process that allows you to maintain your certification and all member benefits.
To renew annually you need to:
- Earn CSEP Professional Development Credits (audit occurs every two years).
- Ensure CPR-C or equivalent is no more than a year old. Annual CPR recertification is required as part of your CSEP Professional Liability Insurance. The insurance will not cover any incident that occurs if your most recent CPR recertification was over one year ago at the time of the incident. Keep this in your files, you do not need to submit to CSEP.
- Complete the annual renewal survey.
- Submit the online renewal form and pay renewal fees (late-fees will apply if you renew between April 1 and May 31).
Annual membership renewal opens annually during the month of February. Visit portal.csep.ca
for more information.
- CSEP-CPTs: $260.00 + tax (includes Professional Liability Insurance)*
- CSEP-CEPs: $290.00 +tax (includes Professional Liability Insurance)*
*fees are for the 2019-2020 membership year. Fees are subject to change. If you are a current CSEP-CPT who is pursuing the CSEP-CEP certification at the time of renewal, you are encouraged to renew to maintain your certification and insurance to continue practicing. When you complete the process to become a CSEP-CEP you will need to pay an upgrade fee of $30.00 not the full certification fee.
Professional Liability Insurance & Commercial General Liability Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance and Commercial General Liability is included in the membership fees for CSEP Certified Personal Trainer® and CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist® certifications. This industry leading program covers you for acts carried out within your Scope of Practice. The Scope of Practice defines the actions and activities that certified members are qualified and insured to perform under their defined certification.
View the CSEP-CPT Scope of Practice | View the CSEP-CEP Scope of Practice
If you are a CSEP member, you can login
to access the Insurance program page for more information on the insurance plans and processes for CSEP-CEPs and CSEP-CPTs and the optional insurance add-ons
Leave of Absence
In the event of medical or emergency situation which would prevent a CSEP certified member from carrying out their work during the member year, CSEP-CEPs and CSEP-CPTs may apply for a Leave of Absence (LOA) from their membership. This leave is subject to approval by CSEP and is effective for the current membership year (April 1 to March 31 annually) only. Specific rules apply; please review the full policy details below.
View the LOA policy here.
Apply for Leave of Absence here
All memberships lapse after March 31 annually. There is a two-month grace period until May 31 when memberships expire. For CSEP Certified members whose membership has lapsed in the previous membership year there is an opportunity to submit an appeal for reinstatement. Reinstatement is subject to approval by CSEP. Specific rules apply; please review the full policy details below.
View the reinstatement policy here
Apply for Reinstatement here.
Renew your membership for 2019-2020
All members can now renew their membership for the 2019-2020 member year here. All memberships need to be renewed by March 31.