Introduced in 2018, the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Fellow designation is a recognition of an academic or certified member's contribution to CSEP. This recognition is independent of contributions to the member's field of research.
The CSEP Fellow designation will recognize leaders in our society who have inspired research excellence among members or been bridge-builders strengthening the relationship between academic and professional members through significant or consistent
CSEP Fellow nominees must meet the following criteria:
Current members of the Board of Directors or Member Services Committee are not eligible.
- Be a current CSEP Academic, CSEP-CPT or CSEP-CEP member in good standing
- Evidence of service, leadership that inspired excellence and building bridges
among the membership that have impacted and strengthened CSEP. Evidence may include:
- Creation of a major initiative for CSEP including establishment of exercise prescription and guidelines
- Participation in the organization of the annual general meeting
- Extensive service to the governance of CSEP and its committees.
- Strong contribution to the health of one's surrounding community in alignment with the CSEP mission.
- Significant promotion of CSEP as the "principal body for physical activity, health and fitness research can personal training in Canada".
- Other major contributions to CSEP, its members, or communities in alignment with the CSEP mission.
How to Nominate
All nominations require two nominators. One of the nominators must be an academic or certified member and the second can be any current CSEP member.
Each nominator must submit the following for the nominee:
- One-page statement outlining their perceptions of the nominee specific contributions to CSEP in any capacity including dates and timelines.
- Statements need to include nominees full name, position and contact information
To submit a nomination for 2020, please upload your letters of recommendation here before July 1, 2020.
Nominations will be reviewed qualitatively by the Member Services Committee for the degree to which their service has been consistent and provided impact in a measurable way.
Up to five CSEP Fellows will be honoured each year. If not honoured in the year they are submitted nominations may be carried over to a maximum of three years.
The CSEP Fellows designation will be awarded to recipients at the annual awards banquet. CSEP Fellows will also be recognized in the following ways:
- CSEP website
- Announcement in Communiqué and through social media channels
- Award bestowed during the annual banquet and recipients given a framed certificate
- Featured in future CSEP communication materials
Once the CSEP Fellow honour is bestowed on the member, they must maintain their membership to continue to be a Fellow.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
The Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of the Society's business. This includes, but is not limited to, applications for membership, awards and grant review, and employment and volunteer positions. CSEP welcomes applications and participation from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, members of the Society, its committees and employees and/or any award/grant recipients are expected to uphold the same policies in their work related to the Society.