The CSEP Certified Members Business Growth Grant (18-12-19)
The objective of the CSEP Certified Members Business Growth Grant is to provide direct support to CSEP Certified members efforts and activities that will broaden or grow their practice.
- The award is restricted to CSEP Certified members who have acquired a business number and/or business location in the previous 2 calendar years.
- Preference will be given to CSEP members whose business is registered with Canada Revenue Agency, and whose primary practice is within Canada. International CSEP members are eligible for this award.
- Eligible expenses must be described in terms of how they support to CSEP Certified members efforts and activities that will broaden or grow their practice. Examples may include specialized equipment related to exercise physiology/fitness/physical activity promotion and assessment, community activities that assist the member in recruiting new clients, etc. Common equipment such as printers, desks, office supplies, etc. will not be supported. All activities must fall within the CSEP Certified member's scope of practice.
- It is expected that successful applicants will assist in the peer review of similar Grants in subsequent competitions.
- The proposal must be no longer than 2 pages (not including any relevant supporting documentation E.g. quotes), single spaced (12-point Times New Roman or 11-point Arial font, 2 cm margins). The application should include the following information:
a. Outline of the equipment that will be purchased or the activity that will be conducted (additional details will be included in budget – see below)
b. Importance of equipment or activity for supporting the professional members’ practice
c. The ability of the member to implement the equipment and activity including their past training or experience in this regard, and any additional personnel support or existing resources that exist to support the initiative.
d. How the applicant expects their practice to grow following this support in alignment with CSEP’s mission.
- On a separate page, not included in the 2-page limit, include a budget justification and statement of financial need. Quotations for equipment must be included as an attachment to the budget justification.
- In addition to the proposal, applicants must submit a professional resume emphasizing their experience as a CSEP member.
- The award will consist of up to $2,500 and registration for the principal applicant at the CSEP AGM within two calendar years for the date of the receipt of the award. The applicant may be invited to convey the impact of this award in a future CSEP newsletter.
- All applications must be received by September 1. As of September 2, the MSC will begin deliberations and will provide notification no later than December 1 of the same year.
- The Grant application will be scored on past track record of the professional member’s impact on the community and clients (1/3) and the proposal itself (2/3, need, impact of the award on the practice, importance of the activities and impact of the practice on the community, alignment with CSEP mission etc.).
- A score of 1-5 will be used
- In-depth review/feedback comments for unsuccessful applicants will be provided.
- Priority may be given to those with greater financial need.
Application deadline: August 1, 2020. Please submit grant applications to Kathryn Moore, Director, Member Services
NOTE: CSEP will announce the successful recipient at the AGM as part of our efforts to showcase this benefit to members.