Sessional – Faculty-BIOL 1592 (Human Biology: Anatomy and Physiology) – (02050.9426)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Faculty of Science -> Biological Sciences
Applications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may continue until the position is filled.
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Academic/Career (max 24 credits)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
Kamloops Campus, – Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
Thompson Rivers University (www.tru.ca) is a uniquely comprehensive, student-focused institution built on over 45 years of excellence in post-secondary education and training. TRU’s spectacular main campus is located in Kamloops, BC (www.kamloops.ca), a prosperous city located just a 4-hour drive from Vancouver, a 50-minute drive from Sun Peaks (the second-largest ski area in Canada), in the heart of the southern BC interior. Kamloops offers world-class tourism and recreation, excellent cultural, social, and economic opportunities, as well as over 2,000 hours of sunshine annually.
The Department of Biological Sciences at Thompson Rivers University is inviting applications for a sessional lecturer position in Human Biology: Anatomy and Physiology 1.
- Prepare and deliver lecture across a range of Anatomy and Physiology topics/subjects including:
- Organization of the body
- Cellular metabolism
- Cardiovascular system structure and function
- Nervous System structure and function
- Sensory System structure and function
- Endocrine System structure and function
- Grade student submissions and exams throughout the semester.
- Hold weekly office hours and respond to student enquiries in a timely manner.
- Consult with faculty to ensure similar content delivery across sections of the course.
- PhD preferred, M.Sc. with relevant experience in Biology, Physiology or Kinesiology. Candidates with an MD or MSc in Medical Sciences will also be considered. Evidence of successful teaching in physiology is preferred.
Please Note: If you are selected for an interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview.
According to TRUFA Salary Schedule
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment: Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Color, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.