Location: Kanata, Ottawa (Ontario). You will report 100% in-person at our client’s fitness site offering services both face to face and virtually.
Schedule/Shift: 40 hours/wk. Shifts vary, between the hours of 8a-7p.
How to apply: Please submit an application on our career page: https://jobs.silkroad.com/TrustmarkCompanies/Healthfitness
You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the monitoring of the fitness facility, interacting with participants and ensuring their safety within the facility. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals. You will also have the opportunity to coordinate, implement, and/or deliver health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities.
In addition to fitness offerings, this site also has a recreational program – including table tennis, foosball, billiards, outdoor basketball and volleyball court and an open green space. Members enjoy group activities, including group exercise classes, hikes and snowshoeing!
What you’ll bring with you:
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) orthe equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from aHealthFitness approved provider.
- Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications through the Canadian Red Cross, St. Johns Ambulance,Heart and Stroke Foundation or Ottawa Paramedic Service.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NETA, NSCA, NASM, CSEP,CanFitPro or NCCPT; (We would also accept a Certified Exercise Specialist certification fromCSEP.)
- Group Exercise Instructor certification from ACE, AFAA, NCCPT, ACSM or NETA; if not current, willbe required within 6 months of hire.
- Virtual teaching and program delivery experience a bonus.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Come join HealthFitness! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
HOW TO ADVERTISE
To advertise an Opportunity on the CSEP website, please complete the Posting Submission Form. Be sure to have ready for upload:
- $150 for CSEP members (plus HST);
- $200 for non-members (plus HST).
Contact us at email@example.com for any questions or to enquire about our ‘all you can post‘ option.
Ads are posted for 60-days or until the closing date (whichever comes first).
Please CLICK HERE to go to the CSEP Posting Online Submission Form.