Our Mission: MNP Community & Sport Centre is passionate sport, people, and community.
Our Vision and Values: We are a world-class sport and fitness facility that inspires athletes to achieve their goals and dreams. We achieve this through the people who work here, and through our values of safety, legendary service, excellence, and innovation. MNP Community & Sport Centre empowers its people to continually exceed the expectations of our members, creating meaningful and unique experiences, which sets us apart from the competition.
Role: Personal Trainer
Reports to: Fitness & Training Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Availability: Looking for Personal Trainers who can commit to evenings and weekends.
- Differential pay premium for two or more clients in group sessions.
- Free facility access based on hours worked plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services.
- Employee recognition program.
- Annual staff events including BBQs, Corporate Challenge, December holiday party and many more.
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical strength and conditioning expertise specific to customers’ needs
- Administer an initial consultation with all clients to determine needs and program goals
- Be a spokesperson for MNP Community & Sport Centre and present yourself in a positive manner by leading participants in effective and well-planned training sessions
- Professionalism and accountability for quarterly reviews of strength and conditioning programs
- Ensure proper mechanics are being practiced by clients
- Maintain technical standards: i.e. Par Q, GAQ, Consent forms, Par Med Ex forms, customer evaluations
- Liaise with other trainers to gain insight on providing the best programs for clients
- Provide superior personalized customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times (i.e. wear uniform and name tag at all times)
- Assist the Manager with the evaluation of the program by providing feedback and recommendations for improvement in processes for training
- Handle and report to the Manager any problems, concerns or emergencies that arise during your sessions
- Exercise safety awareness and practices
- Set-up and take down of equipment to ensure your training sessions are ready
- Follow and enforce all policies, rules and regulations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude
- Promptly complete administrative tasks related to tracking client sessions, collecting payments, and payroll processing.
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Attend In-services and meetings with supervisors or clients as requested
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Movement Science or related field. Consideration may be given to candidates holding a PFT diploma or certification.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- Applicants who have experience with special populations and/or areas of expertise will be given preference.
- Additional certifications and evidence of continuing education are an asset (for example):
o CSEP – Certified Personal Trainer or CSEP – Certified Exercise Physiologisto Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)o NCCP Olympic Weightlifting, Kettlebell, TRX, Injury Rehabilitation
Minimum of two to three years’ experience personal training with a background in health & wellness
Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Exceptional customer service skills.
High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
Your proven track record working independently and in a team environment will ensure your success.
This position requires bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching, straining, kneeling, grasping, gripping, frequent lifting of up to fifty pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds, and standing for long periods of time.
Experience working with Microsoft office software (word, excel, and outlook)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value the uniqueness and perspectives of all employees and are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our team members at MNP Community & Sport Centre. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. MNP Community & Sport Centre provides support in its recruitment process to candidates with disabilities; including accommodation, that takes into account candidates’ accessibility needs. Please connect with our Human Resources team if you require accommodation within the recruitment process.
All candidates applying to MNP Community & Sport Centre must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
HOW TO ADVERTISE
To advertise an Opportunity on the CSEP website, please complete the Posting Submission Form. Be sure to have ready for upload:
- $150 for CSEP members (plus HST);
- $200 for non-members (plus HST).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or to enquire about our ‘all you can post‘ option.
Ads are posted for 60-days or until the closing date (whichever comes first).
Please CLICK HERE to go to the CSEP Posting Online Submission Form.