Clinical Kinesiology Technologist (Part-Time Temporary)
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Health & Community Studies Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Job Number: J0123-0069
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Clinics and Labs, the incumbent will support faculty and students in the Clinical Kinesiology labs and internal placement.
What You’ll be Doing
- Supporting and assisting lab instructors and students in assigned lab classes;
- Supporting and assisting students during open practice times;
- Role-modeling professional behavior;
- Supporting and assisting with simulations including both set up and take down of equipment;
- Maintaining lab equipment which includes reporting any broken or damaged equipment;
- Preparing labs with all necessary equipment and materials;
- Ensuring the lab is clean, safe and organized;
- Promoting and conducting safe lab practices;
- Assisting with practical lab exams and open lab practice;
- Attending lab meetings when scheduled;
- Overseeing internal field placement;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You have the skills and knowledge to work with an increasingly diverse student and staff population as well as a proven commitment to anti-oppression, equity, and inclusion. You have a passion for sharing your knowledge with others and contributing to the advancement of your field. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team. You are an agile individual with an ability to respond and adapt to change while using your problem-solving skills to most appropriately and effectively support each student’s unique needs.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- A University Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics and Professional Masters in Kinesiology or equivalent.
- A Registered Kinesiologist (R.Kin) and/or a Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) in good standing with their respective regulatory Colleges.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a clinical/exercise setting, where exercise testing and prescription was performed on apparently healthy and individuals with chronic disease.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Who We Are:
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Other Details Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies
Campus Location: Davis (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus).
This position is currently working on-site.
Reference #: J0123-0069
Employee Group: Part-time Support – Temporary
Hourly Rate: $28.45 + 4% in lieu
Hours/Week: 24 hours
Hours: Monday – Friday (shifts)
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue until May 2023.
Application Deadline: Posted until filled.
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources. You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.
HOW TO ADVERTISE
To advertise an Opportunity on the CSEP website and monthly e-newsletter, please complete the Posting Application Form. Be sure to have ready for upload:
And that you are ready to enter:
- $84.75 for CSEP members;
- $113.00 for non-members.
Ads are posted for 60-days or until the closing date (whichever comes first).
Click here to go to the CSEP Post Opportunities Application Form online;
OR Scan the QR code below to go to the CSEP Post Opportunities Application Form