REFERENCE: #22- 74E
POSITION TITLE: Biological Health Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Biological Health, Wellness Bureau, People Wellness and Talent
SALARY: $97,904– $103,149 per annum
STATUS: One (1) permanent position, 40 hours per week
LOCATION: York Regional Police Headquarters
OPENING DATE: November 30, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 13, 2022
The duties for this position may involve but are not limited to:
Research, plan and develop best practices and strategies for the biological wellness and fitness programs
Supervise and develop the operational and capital budgets for the unit
Develop and administer fitness/wellness surveys, analyzing and interpreting results, preparing reports/statistical data
Develop and implement courses monitoring fitness and wellness programs to provide training for the YRP membership on various topics identifying strategy modifications for outcome requirements
Provide input into the creation of policies and procedures
Research and develop best practices and strategies for wellness trends that focus on behaviour modification and improve health outcomes relating to police physical fitness and wellness
Organize and administer employment related physical fitness assessments/testing to ensure policing standards are met for various positions
Liaise with other fitness and wellness coordinators from other police services regarding programs and courses to be a resource on biological related issues
Organize and administer pre and post-employment physical fitness assessments for sworn and civilian positions ensuring candidates/members meet required standards
Oversee and train qualified members on the administration of a variety of fitness tests (Ontario Police Fitness Award, Court Security Applicant test)
Prepare for and instruct/recruit physical fitness classes in conjunction with course provided at OPC and YRP Training and Education Bureau to both large and small groups
Demonstrate the correct use of exercise equipment and conducts risk management inspections on exercise equipment and its surrounding areas as well as purchase fitness equipment
Oversee maintenance of equipment and provide input in future exercise spaces
Oversee fitness club discounts by developing contracts and advertisement
Provide advice and guidance to members on all aspects of nutrition, wellness and exercise science
Present, teach and/or lecture on wellness and fitness programs to members throughout the region
Supervise nutritionist and extended health care program
- Completion of a four (4) year university degree in Kinesiology or a related field, or the equivalent training and experience.
- Certification through Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) – level 2-Clinical Exercise
- Physiologist (CEP) or CSEP Certified Personnel Trainer along with the CSEP High Performance certification (liability to max test)
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience related to fitness and wellness program development and instruction
- Certification in Adult Education is an asset
- Group class exercise instruction certification is an asset
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Problem solving abilities in order to seek out new process or solutions in order to develop programs to improve a member wellness and fitness levels, and analyze and interpret statistical data and results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with YRP members at all ranks, other Wellness and Fitness Coordinators from other police services, and fitness equipment vendors.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, team work, initiative, self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
- Lead “by example” encompassing a healthy lifestyle
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Effective presentation skills with the ability to develop lesson plans
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass and obtain the Ontario Police Fitness Award (PIN) test for police.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF document, by clicking on the ‘Apply Here’ button below.
- Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail provided on your resume.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this recruitment process.
York Regional Police is committed to our Corporate Values. All York Regional Police employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.