As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Fitness Instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at the Cloverdale Recreation Centre, Newton Senior Centre, Clayton Community Centre and Guildford Recreation Centre. We have various positions available, teaching a wide range of fitness classes including but not limited to:
- Group Fitness Instructor – Older Adult Certification.
- Group Fitness Instructor – Osteofit Certification.
You are self-motivated, skilled at building relationships, have strong and clear communication skills and a passion for health and wellness. This is an auxiliary position which may include weekends, weekdays, and/or evening shifts.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary
- Plans and instructs General Fitness Programs for all levels and abilities.
- Ability to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long time fitness enthusiasts.
- Knowledge and implementation of industry best practices.
- Demonstrates proper form and techniques.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including the use of clear verbal and non-verbal cues to instruct participants.
- Offers adaptations to accommodate all skill levels and abilities.
- Provides excellent service to our patrons and other team members.
- Ensures instruction spaces are safe, clean and set-up appropriately.
- Creates a safe and welcoming environment.
- Performs basic cleaning as required.
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to facility/shift check completion and accident reports.
Successful candidates will have:
All certifications must be uploaded and valid at the time of application.
Please see below the expected timeline:
Applicants under consideration will be required to provide proof of qualifications and consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 4961.