As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The South Surrey Recreation Services Team is looking for certified Aquafit Instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of Aquatic Fitness classes at the Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre and South Surrey Indoor Pool locations. This auxiliary position has varying scheduling needs which may include weekends, weekdays, and/or evening shifts. We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary
- Plans and instructs a variety of group fitness programs, including Aquafit Mild, Shallow Water Aquafit and Deep Water Aquafit.
- Plans and instructs individuals of all levels and abilities.
- Ability to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long-time fitness enthusiasts.
- Knowledge and implementation of industry best practices.
- Provides excellent service to our patrons and other team members.
- Demonstrates proper form and techniques.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including the use of clear verbal and non-verbal cues to instruct participants.
- Offers adaptations to accommodate all skill levels and abilities.
- Ensures instruction spaces are safe, clean and set-up appropriately.
- Creates a safe and welcoming environment.
- Performs basic cleaning as required.
- Performs administrative duties, including but not limited to facility/shift check completion and accident reports.
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed Grade 12, plus formal training and minimum of six (6) months related experience.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- A passion for health and wellness.
- Talent for building relationships.
Emergency First Aid with CPR-A and AED Certificate (or higher).
Registered with a minimum of at least one of the following, as required:
o BCRPA Aquafit Module (or equivalent)
All certifications must be uploaded and valid at the time of application.
Please see below the expected timeline:
||November 7-18, 2022
|Reviewing Applications and Telephone Screens
||November 21-27, 2022
|Demo Dates and Interviews
||November 28-December 9, 2022
|Reference and Police Information Checks
||December 12- 16, 2022
|Extending Employment Offers & Training
||December 19-30, 2022
Applicants under consideration will be required to provide proof of qualifications and consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 4961.