Job Position: Full time Kinesiologist and / or Personal Trainer
Job location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Contact HR Manager: Kiarra Watson email@example.com
Innovative Fitness Kelowna(IFK) is looking for fulltime, qualified and enthusiastic applicants who are ready to work in a dynamic, team environment, and forge a career as a professional training coach with our company.
Our core business focus is on 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 coaching and training, with a number of growth opportunities in a number related areas.
Minimum Applicant requirements:
- We are primarily looking for Kinesiologists or candidates with a related degree (Sport Science, Exercise Physiology, Athletic Therapy).
- We will also consider applicants who have their Sport Science Diploma, or other national or international recognized certifications (NSCA, ACE, ACSM, CSEP-CPT etc).
- Current Personal Training certification
- Current CPR and First Aid
- 1 year of working experience either in a Training Studio or Clinical setting, working 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 with clients / patients.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google Suite of Apps: Calendar, Docs, Gmail, Drive
- Outgoing personality and ability to work within a team environment.
- Willingness to be challenged both personally and professionally.
- Ability to work either morning shift or afternoon – evening shift
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS 1)
- Precision Nutrition (PN1)
- NSCA – CSCS
Primary job responsibilities include:
- 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 personal coaching and/ or Active Rehabilitation
- Regular Movement and Fitness assessment of clients.
- Maintaining client files and ongoing client programming
- Ongoing engagement with clients outside of the training hour to keep accountability high.
- Training studio maintenance and upkeep
Growth opportunities in our organization include:
- Team training
- Group training
- Corporate training
- Active Rehabilitation and Movement training
- Nutrition Coaching
- Clinical Exercise Physiology services
- Management positions within the company
- Mentoring opportunities for Practicum and CoOp students.
- High level of ongoing on-the-job training and mentorship
Pay and compensation:
- Pay ranges from $23-$40/hr depending on qualifications and type of session delivered.
- IFK will contribute 50% of monthly costs to the medical benefit plan (ManuLife).
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Stat holiday pay.
- Events/destinations and continued education compensation opportunities.
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Ongoing personal and professional growth and development programs.
**Does this sound like something you could commit to? Please write in your cover letter “I AM EXCITED BY THIS OPPORTUNITY” as well as a list of the all the other Innovative Fitness locations ***