Classification: Weight and Lifestyle Division – Health Coach
Position: Full-time or Part-time
Imagine a job where you are part of a collaborative team at Canada’s premiere sports medicine destination where you will be an integral part in helping people rise above injury and back to movement.
We’re a full-service sports medicine clinic offering timely assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and rehabilitation of sports injuries and bone and joint problems. We have a rich history in sport medicine including consulting for amateur and professional organizations locally and nationally. Our mission is to become Canada’s premier sports medicine destination offering the most comprehensive, innovative, and evidence-based care. Everything we do is guided by our values: 1) We are of service, 2) We take pride in what we do, and 3) We get better every day.
As part of our comprehensive mission, weight and lifestyle management plays a critical role in equipping patients with the scientific tools and personalized support required to change behaviour to rise above injuries and back to the activity or sport they love.
The Weight and Lifestyle division of Group23 Sports Medicine is currently seeking a passionate, entrepreneurially focused Health Coach to become an integral part of the new and exciting vision in how we treat our patients.
The Health Coach supports clients to achieve their health goals through behavior-based lifestyle changes including effectively managing food portions and incorporating physical exercise. As a coach you will be playing an integral role in improving the health and wellbeing of our patrons through personal responsibility and self-motivation.
- Function as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team recognizing the importance of a biopsychosocial approach to patient care
- Connect with new people and to truly understand their challenges and hold them accountable to follow through a lifestyle plan
- Assess each patient’s abilities and needs to overcome their personal health barriers
- Develop a weight and/or lifestyle plan based on a metabolism assessment and designed around their personal value systems that delivers measurable results
- Implement treatment programs including portion tracking based on the FITMETHOD(R), lifestyle modification, education and home exercise prescription.
- Provide referrals to appropriate health care professional within our multi-disciplinary team when treatment goes beyond scope of practice. E.g Sport Medical Doctor, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, and Registered Dietitian.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Kinesiologist, Exercise Physiologist, or another health-related degree.
- Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP-CEP) would be an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing coach in a health-related field.
- Integrative health coaching certificate is an asset
- Quick study, self-directed, comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Maintain professional competency through approved seminars and courses.
- Strong ability to interact with other healthcare professionals, the clinical staff and the public is essential
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication
- Professional liability insurance
- Current CPR certification
We appreciate your interest in Group23 Sports Medicine and we will review your application as soon possible. Please attach Cover Letter and CV. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
Commensurate with education and qualifications
4:00 pm on Friday, Sept 9th
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jason Hagen, WEIGHT AND LIFESTYLE LEAD, B.Sc. B.Kin. M.Sc CEP
M 403.284.4040 | F 403.284.5656