WHO ARE WE?
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year-round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic, and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto.
We are seeking a passionate self-motivated team player to join team as Fitness Centre Coordinator who must be able to work flexible shifts which include evenings, weekends, and holidays. This is a great opportunity for someone starting in the Fitness industry with a minimum of 1 year experience.
Please “Apply Online” at www.donaldaclub.ca under the employment page and tell us how you can contribute to our team’s success.
AN OVERVIEW OF WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Fitness Centre Coordinator will perform duties to help ensure that all members are having an exceptional Fitness experience that exceeds their expectations The Fitness Centre Coordinator is responsible for the safe operation and quality supervision of the fitness floor, working closely with other fitness professionals to ensure the facility is clean and safe in accordance with Donalda Club’s Standards. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for providing inspiring customer service experiences via the delivery of high-quality fitness and front desk administration, personal training services and member engagement initiatives.
- Supervise the fitness floor by getting to know and maintaining a good rapport with members, overseeing the proper and safe use of equipment, providing a quality environment, and ensuring that all COVID-19 protocols and regulations are being adhered to
- Perform regular checkups to ensure all equipment in the fitness center is performing at a satisfactory level and report any major issues to the Fitness Manager
- Evaluate the overall fitness center on an ongoing basis, monitor trends in the fitness industry and recommend methods of improving the facilities and services to members
- Provide on-floor supervision, design customized fitness programs, and conduct fitness appraisals and gym orientations for members
- Carry out duty as a personal trainer at member’s request and provide various training advice and assistance to ensure the member is given the best service possible
- Assist with fitness center’s front desk reception duties and provide support to other Fitness Professionals in the department when required to guarantee superior service is provided to members
- Manage and monitor all social media platforms along with creating fresh and relevant social media content
- Help create promotional posters/flyers for use around Donalda Club Fitness Center to promote fitness events
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Completion/enrolled in a university degree or college diploma in physical education/kinesiology/fitness & health required
- Completion of accredited personal training certification (CSCS, CSEP, Can-Fit-Pro, CPTN)
- Certified in CPR/First Aid & Defib are required.
- One year of experience in a Weight Room setting is required; 2 years preferred
- Experience working with and teaching different age groups is an asset
- Other certifications/specializations are an asset (Fitness Instructor Specialist, Active Aging, Children’s Fitness, Fundamentals of Nutrition, etc.)
- Private Club fitness center experience is an asset and preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft office, word, excel and good keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Well groomed, mannerly, co-operative and outwardly friendly
- Able to work shifts – early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Starting hourly wage: $19 per hour
- 35/40 hours per week
- Percentage of personal training monies as part of compensation, in addition to hourly wage
- Personal training may not exceed 10 hours per week during regular work schedule with a maximum of 2 hours per day. No in-home training will be permitted.
- Shifts may vary based on demands of position and shift changes as needed
- Year-round full time
- Complimentary parking and duty meals
- Not a remote working position
All staff will be provided the necessary PPE including e face masks, hand sanitizer and equipment disinfectants. In addition, signage has been posted throughout the Clubhouse and hand sanitizer has been provided at all entry points.
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca. Please do not send resumes without applying on our website.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.