for Health Care Professionals
Hosted by the School of Anatomy at the University of Waterloo, Anatomy 202 offers a 2-hour, hands-on, anatomical review session for health care professionals for new and experienced health care professionals who want to review anatomy using human cadaver donors. Donors have been dissected to demonstrate musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, digestive, and nervous systems.
What to expect:
Participants will be split into groups and will rotate through 6 stations including:
- Joints of the upper and lower limbs
- Anterior muscles of the limbs and trunk
- Posterior muscles of the limbs and trunk, brain and spinal cord
- Digestive system
- Cardiorespiratory system
- Pathologies An anatomy instructor will be present for each workshop.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- reviewed anatomy relevant to exercise;
- discussed the muscular system including attachment sites, actions and nerve supply; and
- interacted with health care professionals from a variety of clinical settings.
Questions? Email Tamara Maciel for more information.