CSEP Certified Fitness Centre Membership
Demonstrate your commitment to the Gold Standard in fitness assessment and protocol by becoming a CSEP Certified Fitness Centre (CSEP-CFC).
The CSEP Certified Fitness Centre (CSEP-CFC) is a certified membership for the highest caliber of fitness facilities and physiology labs in Canada. The CSEP-CFC membership recognizes facilities who employ qualified exercise professionals, follow evidence-based assessment and training protocols and meet CSEP standards for operating procedures and safety.
Enhance the quality of service you offer and show your commitment to evidence-based practice for a health lifestyle by becoming a CSEP-CFC member. As a member of the CSEP community you are playing an integral role in CSEP's mission to improving overall health outcomes for Canadians and our work in driving science to practice.
This membership is held by a CSEP-CEP on behalf of a facility and is a non-voting membership.
Annual Membership Fee*: $200 (+tax)
The CSEP Professional Standards ProgramTM has set the following standards for the CSEP-CFC certification:
- The CSEP-CFC must have at minimum one CSEP-CEP employed
- A CSEP-CEP may sponsor up to three concurrent CSEP-CFCs in any single membership year, so long as a CSEP-CEP is employed at each facility in a head / supervisor role
- A CSEP-CFC is expected by CSEP to:
- administer fitness assessments, prescribe exercise, and provide other services in accordance with the CSEP Scope of Practice of the staff member offering services
- highlight in all commercial marketing that it is recognized by CSEP following brand guidelines
- employ or provide internship for CSEP-CEP candidates to work under the direction of the CSEP-CEP
- This membership certification must be renewed annually
- Complete the full membership application with information on your facility operations
full information on membership criteria.
- Organization listing on CSEP Member Directory
- Discount on Exhibitor space at CSEP Annual Conference
- Member-only pricing on job opportunity postings
- Discounts on CSEP Professional Development Credit Accreditation
- Marketing materials to show your certification
- Member-only discounts on Commercial Liability Insurance, specifically geared for small gym and enterprise owners
to view the complete CSEP membership benefit breakdown.
Join CSEP and align your facility with leading experts in the research field and the most qualified exercise professionals who have been leading science to practice in Canada for 50 years!
*The annual member year for all CSEP members is April 1 to March 31.
View all CSEP Member categories.